Monday, March 20, 2017

Not This Time

            I must sadly say that I will not be participating in the A to Z Challenge this year.  :(
I put a lot of thought into this decision and I even started working on some posts, but I realized that I do not have the time for it this year. Any of my regular followers would know that I have been struggling with keeping things balanced the last few months, and since I’m still trying to manage my schedule, I know that I will not have the energy to keep up with daily blog visits and comments during the challenge.


Speaking of time and balance, my presence has not been felt in the blogging force very often lately and for this I apologize. There have been some things that have come up in the foreground of my life, both good and bad, that have taken precedence over blogging. Most of February and on into March, sicknesses have plagued my local area. The pharmacy has been bustling with endless cold and flu patients, schools canceled classes in February due to the flu, my church has had some low attendance days, and both of my parents have suffered from some congestion issues. I blame the weather. It has constantly gone up and down in temperature. On more than one occasion, yesterday's low was tomorrow's high. This instability has plagued my sinuses and I'm sure it has caused these adverse effects in others as well. Come to think of it, maybe the weather is part of the reason for my fatigue and exhaustion these past couple months. Although, I think the strain of extra patients at work has been the primary reason. I have been drained of mental reasoning and motivational energy most days. In fact, I fell asleep at 10:30 a high number of nights for this night owl, and when you get home from work around 7:30 some days, that doesn't leave much room for anything else besides dinner, de-stressing, and getting ready for bed. 
But it hasn't been all illness, fatigue, and canceled challenge plans. I am in the process of finally finishing up some courses and tutorials over a new writing-related project I decided to try out months ago. I still have some kinks to work out, but once I get it going I will be happy to share it with you. For now, it shall remain a secret! I also hope to work on getting more blog posts written in advance since I’ll have more time than I initially expected next month. Sometime this week, I will make some visits to see what themes my blogging friends are doing, and I still plan to follow some during the challenge.
Are you participating in A to Z this year? If so, I might go visit your theme reveal and I hope you have fun!

11 comments:

  1. I understand. I will be missing my first Challenge this year.
    The up and down temperatures have made a lot of people sick this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, it is hard to believe the great Ninja Captain isn't doing A to Z this year, but understandable with your schedule.

      Delete
  2. I'm not participating in the challenge this year either. It's a big commitment and it sounds like you've got plenty going on as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, I really had to convince myself that A to Z just isn't happening for me this year, even though I've known some of my other plans since December.

      Delete
  3. As you may know, I'm not participating either this year. Too much going on and I feel I need to concentrate on that rather than participate in the challenge, which as you know, is very demanding. Sorry about all the illnesses, etc. That can be draining on everyone around!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, yes, the challenge is demanding, and I understand your reasons for not participating this year.

      Draining definitely describes my job at the pharmacy right now!

      Delete
  4. Awe, sweetie, you take care of yourself. Just pop in and read and comment when you can. No worries.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! I do plan to pop in on your challenge posts when I can :)

      Delete
  5. Understandable. It's a big time suck, and sometimes it's hard to keep up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I remember last year I felt like a zombie by letter Z :)

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to read about all the sickness and fatigue. May spring bring more health to everyone and lighten your workload! New writing adventure sounds mysterious. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...