Wednesday, December 5, 2018

IWSG: My Writing Space



Time for another posting with the Insecure Writer’s Support Group, where writers can share their insecurities and encourage one another. IWSG was founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh and we share our posts the first Wednesday of the month.
The question for December is: What are five objects we'd find in your writing space?
Well, let me look around. Usually, I have my computer where I do the majority of my work. Then, there will be at least one notebook to read through or take down notes on my various writing projects. Since I sometimes write out my first drafts by hand, I might also have a composition notebook nearby. Then, my phone will be there with more notes or summaries of my ideas, and I also use it as my dictionary and thesaurus (and occasional distraction). The majority of the time (including right now), I will have a cat in my lap as I’m typing. Finally, there will be some kind of drink, most likely coffee if it is any time before sunset, and in the evenings I’ll have water, juice, or tea. It’s a simple set up and I like it that way.
Congratulations to all of you that won NaNoWriMo! I had a lot going on in November and was unable to participate. Honestly, my writing is still sitting in the backseat while I try to figure out other things in my life. I think about it often: all those ideas just waiting to make themselves known in written form. I am trying to find a way to fit it into the disorganization and stress of my life. But, I think what I really need to do is get some of that mess out of the way first, and I did work on some of that last month. Maybe by the New Year I can find a tiny window for writing.
In case I don’t make it back here before then, I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. My November was busier than expected but I still managed a good chunk of words. Which is all I wanted.
    Start by just jotting ideas down. Whenever. Then write a little instead of jotting. You'll soon build up to a decent sized writing time.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the not writing front. Sometimes life can distract from writing down that story. I hope your life gets sorted nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat loves to sit in my lap when I'm trying to write. Somedays it's more intrusive than others, but she's cute so I let it slide. :)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep my desk pretty simple too. Almost never have my phone there for distraction though. I use an old fashion dictionary.
    Happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute the cat wants to help with your writing :) Merry Christmas to you too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are able to get back to your writing soon. Perhaps writing can help with some of the stress?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice when the pets are nearby to keep us company. I hope you have a fabulous season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...