Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Little About Me

            A few years ago, a note was going around on facebook titled: “25 Random Things About Me.”  Many of my friends typed up 25 things that people may not know about them.  Just for fun, I decided to use that again, but I’ll change some of them this time.  I decided to include things some people don’t know, things God is working on in my life, and just a few random, quirky facts.  I hope you enjoy :)

1.      I was born in Mesa, Arizona and I spent my childhood there.

2.      My mom enrolled me in a private Christian school at age 5 and I didn’t pass the test to get into kindergarten, so they put me in Pre-K.

3.      After attending two different private schools for Pre-K and kindergarten, I was homeschooled for 1st through 3rd grade.

4.      The last time I posted the 25 things, I said I had never flown in a plane, and that is no longer true.

5.      I could easily name off at least 5 new ideas for blog posts, but the problem is that I never put in the time to truly go in depth on those ideas.

6.      In the 6th grade I was “seriously” considering a career as an actress.

7.      In kindergarten, when asked what I want to be when I grow up, I said “a mommy.”

8.      I have been to all of the southernmost states, except for Louisiana.

9.      I love to travel and see new places.

10.  I find many hobbies and occupations interesting and I have trouble committing myself to learning just one, or at least one at a time.

11.  Although I have taken breaks away from books, I still always love reading and will readily escape into any good book that comes my way.

12.  Speaking of books, I am seriously considering writing one. I even have a topic picked out with 5 pages of brainstorming.

13.  God has been teaching me the importance of finding contentment in my life. Many of my past blog posts would show how I’ve been challenged in that area.

14.  I like things to be neat and organized, although my desk and closet would prove otherwise.

15.  Ester and Ruth from the Bible are my role models.

16.  I want to live my life like the Proverbs 31 woman.

17.  At the age of 29, I still feel like I’m going through a quarter-life crisis, but I trust that God will show me where He wants to take my life.

18.  I may be quiet, but I do enjoy the company and fellowship of friends.

19.  According to Gary Chapman’s love languages book, my love language is quality time.

20.  My favorite radio station is Classical 88.7. I find classical music to be so beautiful and inspiring.

21.  I also like many Christian songs and hymns, and a few too many songs from musicals.

22.  If asked, I never can come up with my favorite movie, song, restaurant, book, etc., but I would be happy to list 10 of my favorites in no particular order.

23.  I can’t even narrow down to one favorite verse, although there are some that have stuck out the last few years: Prov. 3:5-6, Jer. 29:11, and Isa. 41:10.

24.  Even though I force myself to go to sleep a little earlier than I used to (some nights) and sometimes I actually fall asleep early out of pure exhaustion, I think I will still always be a night owl.

25.  The past couple of months, I have heard a lot of good, convicting preaching at camps and teaching from the retreat this past weekend. God has shown me that I must fully surrender my life to Him.  I am working on this one day at a time and striving to commit each day to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...