Friday, April 3, 2015

Casting Cares

Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)

 When I was little, one of my favorite songs was derived from this verse. The lyrics are: “I cast all my cares upon you. I lay all of my burdens down at your feet. And any time I don’t know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon you.” In fact as I sing along typing this, I realize it’s still one of my favorite songs. Most of my life, I have been full of worries. Even when I was a kid, I would worry about my parents getting in an accident or that some other horrendous thing would happen. That song has always been a comfort to me because it’s a reminder that when things are out of our control and when we feel like everything is about to crumble, God is still in control. He wants to take our burdens upon His shoulders and carry them for us. So take comfort in His words and do not worry (See Matthew 6:25-34).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...