Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Love

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)

 1 Corinthians 13 is often called The Love Chapter because it explains what unconditional, agape love looks like. God showed us the perfect example of His unconditional love when He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to die for our sins. God’s love is a remarkable thing, and through His example and by His strength, we can learn to love others the way Christ loves us. God tells us to not only love our families, but our neighbors, and even our enemies. It’s certainly not an easy task, but we have a great example to follow: “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8, NIV). Stop and think about the way you treat others throughout the day. Do you treat them with love and kindness? With indifference? With rudeness or anger? Even the smallest gesture or word of encouragement can be used to show God’s love to someone else.

On a side note, I thought it was noteworthy that I reached 1000 pageviews yesterday! I would like to thank two of my best friends (they know who they are) and a handful of family and friends I’ve met through church who have been my loyal readers since I started this blog. They are the ones who brought the first 600 views, and the rest have come with this challenge. Thank you all who have come to visit and I hope that you have enjoyed it so far!


I am currently participating in the Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge. My theme is life lessons from the Bible. You can find more information about the challenge by clicking on the badge to the right or click here for a list of participants. It has been an interesting experience so far and I have enjoyed finding and visiting other blogs. If you are a fellow participant, thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment!

8 comments:

  1. Love is a most powerful thing, indeed. Congrats on those pageviews! I just added one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite chapters of the Bible. This really got me through dark times during a marital separation and subsequent divorce. Love was all over the A to Z blogs on this day.

    Congratulations on your first 1000 views! You make a good endorsement for the A to Z Challenge.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have 1 Corinthians 13 memorized, but have forgotten a few of the verses. I'm glad to help, I have really enjoyed the A to Z experience. I might try to talk some friends into blogging after this and maybe they'll join me in the challenge next year :)

      Delete
  3. Lovable.
    http://theconversaytion.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog (A Bench with A View). I think in this chapter of the Bible if we also substitute Jesus for every time the word love is in it, it also helps us to remember how much love he has for us and how he demonstrated love. If he can love like that, we can model ourselves to do the best we can to follow his example :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way to look at it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...