Saturday, August 1, 2015

Weekend Coffee Share

If we were having coffee...

          If we were having coffee together, first of all I would have to say that I've never tried this before, so I'm making up the format as I go :)  Secondly, this is the first time I've attempted to write and post from my phone, so we shall see how this goes.

          You asked me why I'm posting from my phone?  Good question!  I am currently at a single ladies' retreat on an afternoon break and  my computer is 4 & 1/2 hours away!  I was wondering what I'd do with this time.  I could have taken a nap, but then I thought about you, my readers :)

          This retreat has been amazing so far.  It is a blessing in and of itself just to be surrounded by women who are in the same state as I am, and I don't mean Texas, I mean the state of singleness.  It is a privilege to be able to hear from these women who understand what I'm going through.  There have been so many great points brought up, but so far there seems to be an overall theme being brought out through each speaker's words: Joy and contentment.  No matter where you are in life, you must learn to trust God and allow Him to be your fulfillment.  A spouse, children, career, or riches will not bring fulfillment, only Christ can fill whatever void you may have in your life.  Also, if you are a believer in Christ, you can experience joy.  Do you know the acronym for J.O.Y.? It's Jesus first, then others, then you.  If we follow God's will for our lives and think of others before we think of ourselves, we can experience joy!  Yes, it is hard to die to ourselves daily, but we are not alone.  God is our strength and our refuge; He will handle everything for us if we just hand it over to Him!  That's just a few of the things I've been reminded of this weekend.  I have heard these things before and I have probably written about some of it, but I still need a constant reminder.  I hope reminders in my life will be helpful to you as well.

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory." 1 Peter 1:7-8 (KJV)

          Before you go, I would like to tell you more  about this single ladies' retreat.  It is hosted by Biblical Discipleship Ministries and this is the second one they have done.
Dr. Jobe Martin has a lot if great material on creationism and since his two daughters are both single and in their 30s, they have had many opportunities for ministry with young women and singles.  I highly recommend looking at their site linked above and books if you have an interest in science and creation.

3 comments:

  1. A very important life lesson for any Christian, single or otherwise!
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like its a good retreat!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting filled at that retreat. It's so true - you can only find true joy and contentment in God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...